We thought it made sense to kick things off with a little info about who we are and what we intend to accomplish with this blog. We strive to be a reliable resource for teachers, by providing peer insight to dealing with the ever changing realities of today’s classroom, and the resources that make it easier to keep up. Think of it as a collection of all the best ideas from across the hall, from every school. Big goals, we know, but we believe that by working together we can create something that all teachers can collectively trust and value.
Why do we feel this matters? 2 major reasons:
- You have incredible ideas, but don’t have the time or interest in managing a blog. Teachers are constantly finding ways to solve problems in their classroom, and new great ideas are born every day. We want to help you share those ideas, and find new ones in return.
- There’s an overwhelming amount of content available today, and you don’t have the time to sort through it all. This will not be a place where anything goes. The only ideas that make it to our blog are those submitted and approved by teachers like yourself.
And so we get the name Know-ED-All! We are the DIY, homegrown teachers’ cookbook- and we want you to contribute your favorite recipe! If you have an idea you’d like to share on Know-ED-All please contact us.
You might say, “I have tons of ideas about my classroom, but what would I share with Know-ED-All?”
I mean, you can share any ol idea you’d like with us- we love to listen. The ones that will make it to the published blog will include the following:
- Teacher review of a classroom resource you find benefits your students and/or makes teaching easier.
- Stories of classroom challenges dealt with and resolved by super rad teachers like you.
- Advice you wish you could have given your younger teacher self. Whether you’ve been teaching for one year, five years or twenty five years, you learn more each day. We’d love for you to share some of those lessons with our audience.
We hope that you’ll work with us to make Know-ED-All the fun, interesting, and useful teachers blog we strive to create. Please follow along as well by subscribing to our podcast